Sharing your analysis
In Spotfire, you configure sharing on the folder level. To share an analysis from your library, you must place that analysis in a folder that you have configured for sharing, or in the team folder of a TIBCO Cloud™ Spotfire® team. All analysis files and subfolders in a folder will inherit the same sharing settings.
Sharing within a TIBCO Cloud™ Spotfire® team
As a TIBCO Cloud™ Spotfire® user, you are part of at least one team, which is also sometimes referred to as an organization.
Every TIBCO Cloud™ Spotfire® team has a team folder, which is a common workspace shared by all members of that team. All the content that you and your teammates save in the team folder is available to everyone on the team. Each user on your team with the role Analyst or Business Author can modify any item in the team folder.
If you are a member of several teams, you will have access to one team folder for each of those teams.
To share analysis files in a team folder, you can either:
- Save the analysis file directly to the team folder.
Move the analysis file to the team folder:
- In the library, right-click the analysis file and select Move....
- In the Move dialog, navigate to your team folder in the library by using the controls at the top of the dialog. The team folder is located under Library > Teams, and the folder name is the name of your team (for example in the image above, the team folder is named Oscar's Organization).
- Click Move.
Sharing with a select group of users or publicly
To share content with others, you can configure sharing for folders in your Home folder.
You can only configure sharing for folders that are located directly in your Home folder. Any subfolders will inherit the sharing settings from the parent folder.
In the Spotfire library structure, your Home folder is located under Library > Users, and the folder name is your name.
- In your Home folder, right-click a folder that you want to configure sharing for.
- In the drop-down menu, click Sharing.
- In the Sharing for... dialog, select the sharing level you want for the folder; either Public, Shared, or Private.
- Click Save.
Analyses in a Public type folder are available to anyone on the internet. You can, for example, make them available through social media, or by posting a link on your website.
Analyses in a Private type folder are available only to you. When you create a new folder it is, by default, a Private type folder. After you create the folder you can change the type to Public or Shared.
Every TIBCO Cloud™ Spotfire® team has a team folder, which is a common workspace shared by all members of that team. Move or save analysis files to the team folder to share them with all members of that team.
The team folder for a team is created by default, and you can access the team folders of each team you are a member of in the left navigation panel under Quick access.
In the Spotfire library structure, team folders are located under Library > Teams.