Creating a new analysis from Salesforce data
If you have access to a Salesforce account, you can create Spotfire analyses based on data from reports and tables in Salesforce.
- In the library, click New Analysis.
- On the Use data from page, click Salesforce.
Load data from Salesforce dialog, choose your preferred way to log in:
Option Description Log in with Salesforce
This is typically the most convenient way to log in.
Click to launch the Salesforce login procedure in a separate web browser window. Follow the instructions for logging in, and then return to Spotfire.
Username and password (security token)
If you want to log in directly in Spotfire, click to expand and display input fields for entering your username, password, and security token.
Enter your credentials and click Log in.
Tables lists, click to select which views to load.
Selected views are added to the middle of the dialog. Each selected view will be loaded into Spotfire as a new data table.
- Click on a view in the middle of the dialog to see details for that specific view.
- Click OK when you have added the views of interest, and selected which columns to include in each view.
The Load data from Salesforce dialog
In this example, seven views have been selected from the Reports and Tables lists. Three of them are reports and four of them are tables. The middle part of the dialog shows the added views in a list. The view named 'Order' has been selected in the middle part of the dialog, and to the right, all the columns included in the 'Order' view are shown. Exclude columns that you do not want to load by clearing their corresponding check boxes. To rename columns, click on the pencil icon.
- Limitations when loading Salesforce data in Spotfire web clients
- If the Salesforce instance you want to load data from contains very large amounts of data, keep the following limitations in mind when you create or edit a Salesforce connection in a Spotfire web client:
- If the Salesforce instance contains more than 1000 reports and tables, the search function in the Load data from Salesforce dialog is disabled.
- You might encounter issues when you select and add new data from Salesforce, if the total number of columns in all selected reports or tables exceeds 2000. You can, however, create an analysis with such a connection in a Spotfire installed client and open it in the web client.